Looking to retire in a small town environment with big city amenities? Danville has been ranked consistently as one of the top retirement destinations in the United States since 2010:
- Where to Retire magazine named Danville one of "8 Great Small Towns" to retire in its March-April 2015 edition (see cover at right), and included Danville among America's 100 Best Places to Retire in its 5th edition book released September 12, 2013.
- CNN/Money magazine has ranked Danville among the "25 Best Places to Retire" in the United States for two years in a row, 2011 and 2012.
- Bankrate, Inc., named Danville as one of "10 Great Places to Retire in the U.S." in October 2010 based upon median home prices for communities named in Elizabeth Armstrong's book "America's 100 Best Places to Retire".
- Best Boomer Towns continues to rank Danville among the "Best 21 U.S. Places for Retirement" for Baby Boomers to thrive.
This page will provide you with all the information you need to know about Danville’s attractive options as your future retirement home.
Read more about Danville's many retirement features in the article "Low-Cost Haven: Friendly Danville, KY", featured in the Nov-Dec 2011 edition of Where to Retire magazine.
A Testimonial . . .
"My wife and I spent five years investigating places to retire. We selected Danville for its commitment to the arts, friendly people, and vibrant downtown."
-- Larry Fitch, former resident of Houston, Texas
Retirement-Focused HousingBoyle County's median home price in 2012 was $129,500 for 100 homes per the Kentucky Department of Revenue, based on sales for the last six (6) months of the year.
Independent Living, Assisted Living, or Personal Care
Contact the Central Kentucky Association of Realtors, which serves the Danville-Boyle County region, to obtain the services of a qualified and professional realtor.
Health Care & Wellness
- Ephraim McDowell Health: This highly-respected, regional health care provider is the recipient of many Awards & Recognitions attesting to its quality of care.
- Danville-Boyle County Parks and Recreation Department - Fitness Center
- The Fitness Club at Centre College
- Club Fit 24/7 of Danville
- WORKOUT ANYTIME Health Club
There's a reason our state song begins with the refrain that "[t]he sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home"! Located in the Bluegrass region of Central Kentucky, Danville-Boyle County is richly blessed with the enjoyment of four distinct and vibrant seasons. For more information about our community's climate, click here.
- Lexington Blue Grass Airport (35.4 miles; 46 minutes via US 27)
- Louisville International Airport (83.1 miles; 1 hour, 32 minutes via US 127 & I-64)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (117 miles; 1 hour, 56 minutes via US 27 & I-75)
Danville-Boyle County is centrally located in the eastern United States within a day's drive (600 miles) from 47% of the country's population. Danville is directly accessible via major highways such as US 127 (4 lanes) and US 150 (4 & 2 lanes) to these interstate and interstate-quality corridors:
- Martha Layne Collins/Bluegrass Parkway (a limited-access, intrastate highway): 25 miles; 33 minutes
- I-64: 38.9 miles; 49 minutes
- I-75: 35.2 miles; 45 minutes
- I-65: 65.5 miles; 1 hour, 17 minutes
Arts & Culture
- Danville Cultural District
- Centre College's Norton Center for the Arts
- Community Arts Center
- Pioneer Playhouse
- West T. Hill Community Theatre
Danville-Boyle County values the knowledge, experience, resources, and time of its retirees. We waste no time in getting you involved in our community, which is deeply enriched by the critical volunteer, advisory, and leadership roles that retirees have performed in service to others in their hometown of choice. For example, several retirees to the Danville area serve with distinction on the EDP's Partner boards of directors, such as the Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau Heart of Danville, and Industrial Foundation. Please contact the EDP at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may advise you of the many community volunteer opportunities that may benefit from your service.
- Community Trust and Investment Company
- Edward Jones
- Encompass Financial Advisors
- McDaniel Wealth Management
- Northwestern Mutual
- Tye Financial Group, Inc.
- WealthSouth (Farmers National Bank)
Businesses & AttractionsWant to know where your favorite grocery, retailer, restaurant, or entertainment venue is located in our community? Click on the informative Directories & Maps menu tab at the EDP homepage to find information and maps for businesses and attractions in Boyle County, Kentucky. Printed street maps for Danville and Boyle County are available at our Visitors Center, or may be requested at email@example.com.
Learn more about other attractive features for your retirement in the community of Boyle County, including the Cities of Danville, Junction City, and Perryville, at our Visitor Information page, hosted by the Danville-Boyle County Convention & Visitors Bureau.