Strategic Planning Initiative
- Current Partner Tactical Plans: Economic development is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that requires flexibility and a nimble response to planning and its implementation. Each economic development organization (EDO) Partner, such as the Industrial Foundation, Chamber of Commerce, CVB, Heart of Danville, and Main Street Perryville, has traditionally adopted and continues to utilize short-term "tactical" plans or action agendas targeting the plan of work for a fiscal or calendar year or perhaps a longer time period. These plans are adopted by each individual Partner's board of directors in pursuit of their specific mission and priorities as part of the EDP.
- IEDC: The EDP is a proud member of the International Economic Development Council, a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization serving economic developers. With more than 4,500 members globally, IEDC is the largest professional organization of its kind. Through IEDC's considerable through its Economic Development Research Partners Program, the EDP has direct access to many valuable, substantive studies that can aid and guide our strategic planning initiative without "recreating the wheel" at additional expense. Given the five (5) Key Result Areas driving our strategic planning process, the following IEDC studies and reports are posted for the review and information of our Partners, their boards or governing bodies, and our community stakeholders.
- The Future of Economic Development
- Economic Development Organizations
- Economic Development Funding
- Performance Metrics
- Manufacturing Job Development
- Workforce Development
- Other Resources: Through the EDP's other professional and organizational networks, many informational resources about economic development best practices are available.
- Oxford Economics: Destination Promotion: An Engine of Economic Development